Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Photography with a Mission


From Daniel:

As a photographer I often lament that my profession doesn't present more opportunities for doing the "heavy lifting" of showing Jesus to people. I sometimes find myself in a quiet envy of the doctors, nurses, teachers, and missionaries who are on the front lines of international missions making deep impacts in people's lives. I'm happy to say that I recently stumbled on Pick A Pocket, a group of photographers and artists who are proving me wrong by using their God given talents to be a conduit for connecting those who are living in extreme poverty with those who can help (that would be us, America).

Pick A Pocket is hosting a free benefit art show and concert this Thursday, September 17, at Bonhoeffer's Coffee in Murfreesboro. The shop is located 610 Dill Lane Murfreesboro, TN. The show music starts at 8:00 pm with art by international artists at 7:00 pm. Check out photography and art work from recent mission trips, and learn about what these young missionaries are doing in Africa and Asia!

No comments: