Sunday, February 7, 2010

Showered with Blessings

I was so blessed today to go to a shower for the Mihnovich family. This precious family has just adopted a sibling group of FOUR from Ethiopia to add to the three children that they already have. In just two weeks from today, they will travel to pick up the new additions to their family.

Tracy has been very influential in our decision to adopt. I first met this lovely lady in September of 2008 when I was providentially placed in her small group in our Community Bible Study class. International adoption was something that had already been in our hearts for a while, but having the opportunity to be around Levi (their youngest child, adopted from Ethiopia in January 2008) every single week, to ask Tracy questions, and most of all, to see her beautiful heart caused me to begin considering it much more seriously. I will always be thankful for Tracy’s influence on our family.

One of the many unexpected blessings on this journey has been the people that we have met along the way. The instant connection of the heart that I feel with other adoptive families is amazing. Our monthly get togethers are literally a highlight of the month for me. We have received so much encouragement and support from these wonderful families. My heart was blessed and refilled today as I got to talk to Gillian, Missy, Amy, Tracy, Kristi, Cindy, Gwen, and many others.

Only four more days now until our court date. It will actually take place during the night on Thursday. Please remember to pray for Little Brother, his birth mother, and all of the court proceedings this week. Thank you and God bless you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

It was great to talk with you too! I came home telling Paul how adorable your son is and how I cannot wait to see him in your arms. We prayed for your court date and will continue to pray.
Blessings,
Amy

Sara said...

I'm praying. I keep up with several of those adoptive family blogs, that's so cool that you et to know them in person!

Tracy said...

So thankful God planned for our lives to intersect! You are a blessing to me in so many ways! Can't wait to shower little brother with love!!

Gillian said...

Sarah, YOU are a precious blessing!! Much Love, Gillian