Thursday, July 16, 2009

He Sets the Lonely in Families

Please read this blog post and say a prayer for the lonely, hurting children of the world. It is God's will that they ALL grow up in families, with mamas to hold them when they cry and daddies to tuck them in at night.

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. He sets the lonely in families; he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
-Psalm 68:5-6

My heart is broken right now. It is so difficult to understand why God would allow such suffering and loneliness among the innocent. I don't have any answers. But I pledge to be obedient to God to do all that I can to help. Please, do all that you can too.

Gary Haugen, the visionary who started the International Justice Mission and the author of several life-changing books, said this:

In times of great trial and when disaster strikes I used to ask, "Where is God?" But now my plea has changed. Instead of asking, "Where's God?" I ask, "Where are God's people?"

Be there. Don't turn your back. Be the arms and feet and heart of Jesus to this broken, hurting world. Heed the call. Just do it.

Consider attending the fundraising dinner for Orphan's Ticket Home in Nashville on August 8th and find out how you can help.

P.S. The blog post was written by an employee of our adoption agency who lives here in Nashville. She just returned from leading a mission trip to Ethiopia and Uganda. It's a trip that I would dearly love to go on in the future.

No comments: