Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life at Our House

We got off to a rough start today. Madeline has a cold (Daniel has it too), and she was not in the best of moods this morning. This is what I listened to most of the morning:



She was not happy, and I was not either. After her morning nap, however, she woke up in a better mood. We got bundled up and went out for a walk around the neighborhood. I often do that when I am at the end of my rope. It seems that no matter how fussy Madeline is at home, she is always content when we are walking. I think she enjoys a change of scenery as much as I do. Plus it gives me a much needed break to think and pray.

Here is Miss Rosy Cheeks after we got back:



I have been baking this morning too. I am going to a cookie swap later this week, and I made my cookies this morning. I LOVE to bake, and I especially love to bake anything with chocolate. So a cookie swap is a great opportunity to try out a new chocolate cookie recipe. Here are the fruits of my labor:



And Mommy's little helper:



Now I am off to finish decorating for Christmas and then to deal with the huge mess that has been created in the process. Good day!

No comments: