Sunday, June 13, 2010

We Are Home


Oh what a trip we have had. I have so much that I need to process - mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. There's no way that I can quickly sum up our trip with a few descriptive words. It is going to take me months to sort through all that I have seen and experienced.

I wrote in my journal every day while we were gone, and I plan to blog about our trip one day at a time over the next couple of weeks. I have so much to share.

For now, we are just so happy to be home and to be a family of four. I was so glad to see my girl yesterday when we arrived at the airport. Oh how I missed my Madeline while we were gone. Benjamin is doing great. He is such a happy, easy going baby. I don't think I have ever seen a kid who smiles so much! And he's a great sleeper!

When we got home yesterday, we commented - Wow, I can't believe the adoption is really finally over! Actually though the adoption has just begun. It's no longer "the adoption", though. It is a child. We are home, and we are finally all together. Praise God.

16 comments:

G said...

Oh, SO cool that you are finally all together and home! Can't wait to hear more!
~Gini

Sara said...

OOOOH!!! Congratulations! I pray God's richest blessings on your beautiful family of four! And can't wait to hear all about it.

Debb said...

CONGRATULATIONS on being home as your family of four! May you cherish every single day as a family and may God continue to move you as you process through your travels! SO GLAD for you that Benjamin is HOME!!

Abigail said...

what a BEAUTIFUL family!!!

Jo said...

So happy for you and your family, Sarah!! Can't wait to hear more about it. Benjamin is just so precious, and I look forward to meeting him.
Would love to bring you a meal sometime. Is anyone organizing anything?

Kelly said...

Sarah!

So gald you made it home! Benjamin is precious! I would love to bring you a meal!

Kelly

Robbins' Nest said...

been thinking so much about you all! So glad to see him in your arms. COngratulations!!!! The RObbins'

Amy said...

I am so glad you are home. I was so sad that we weren't able to welcome you at the airport. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and I look forward to meeting Benjamin soon.
Blessings,
Amy

Julie said...

Welcome home and Congratulations! So glad you had a good trip....it is life changing!

Alli said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Jenny said...

He is beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about your journey over the next few weeks. Our dossier is finally on it's way to Ethiopia!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! What a cutie!! I can't wait to hear more and see a family of four pic.

Ryan and Ashlie said...

Wonderful Sarah! I'm so happy that Benjamin is just a good sleeper and happy smiles! I look froward to hearing more about your trip!
Ashlie
www.fulmerstory.blogspot.com

Bekki said...

Yes! Praise God!! So glad you are all finally together. He is precious!

The Life of Susan said...

so excited for your family! can't wait to hear about your experience in africa. :)

Anna said...

rHi Sarah! I am a friend of Jenny Dixon's and also adopting from ET (infant girl 0-12mo). I have enjoyed reading your blog and can't wait to hear all about your trip. Take care!
~Anna Dreyfus