Friday, November 14, 2008

8 Months Old

A few milestones:

  • Madeline now has two teeth just poking through.
  • She sits very well, but still shows no interest in crawling. I think she knows that she has a pretty good thing going on since she has a team of people to wait on her most of the time. Why should she want to move herself?
  • She HATES being on her tummy for more than about 30 seconds. However, she still insists on rolling over to her tummy. Over and over and over. This is sometimes a problem during the night.
  • She is pleasantly plump, weighing in at somewhere around 21 pounds.
  • The girl loves her sleep. She sleep 11-12 hours each night and takes 2-3 naps per day, totaling about 3 hours of daytime sleep.
  • She will not tolerate being rocked to sleep. She wants to just be laid down and given her paci and blankie. 98% of the time, this is great. However, once in a while I wish she would be willing to just cuddle with me.
  • She has started eating chicken now, and she has yogurt almost every day. She likes pretty much every fruit that I have given her and most of her veggies.
  • She is an absolute joy, filled with smiles and spit and love. Every night as she lays in her crib, I stand over her and thank God that he has let me know her and love her for one more day.
Here are a few pictures that Daniel took the other day. Have I mentioned how blessed I feel to have my own personal professional photographer?







To see the rest of the photos, go to Daniel's website at www.dubois.smugmug.com/madeline

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Those pictures are fantastic! She's such a big girl.

Sara said...

She is a doll! I love the pics that Daniel took. Wow! Oh, and be grateful for those two precious teeth. Grant now has 6 teeth and they are not so precious at times!!