Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! No...It's Daddy!

Well, let me start by saying that I am really jealous. I have loved to climb things since I was a little tyke. Having a tree house with a rope ladder has been a lifelong dream for me. I love to be up high and to see things from above. I get a little annoying if I am not sitting at the window seat on airplane trips because I will end up practically in the lap of the person who is. I have such fun trying to figure out where we are and what we are seeing as we take off and land. So yesterday, Daniel got the enviable opportunity to fly over all of downtown and west Nashville hanging out the side of a helicopter. Without me! It was homecoming at Vanderbilt, and his mission was to take overhead shots of the jam-packed football stadium. The pilot seriously did take off the door on the side that he and the videographer were sitting on so that nothing would block their view. Lucky! It was a gorgeous day, and he got some great photos. Here are a couple take from down below of the helicopter.



Daniel is the one in the red jacket.



This is the copter flying by the stadium lights.

Here are a few of the cool shots that he got from up above:



The Vanderbilt stadium



Part of the Vandy campus



Downtown Nashville



The Tennessee capitol building



And here is a pic of Madeline and me cheering Vandy on from home. Love the hoodie!

1 comment:

Brad Blackman said...

Wow, those photos from the chopper are really cool. It makes everything look like it's all a model! Sounds like a fun experience.