- Madeline amazes me by how quickly she picks things up and how eager she is to learn new things. She can write her name (and the whole alphabet!), she is starting to sound out words, and she understands simple math and can do problems using her fingers. Her memory and ability to learn impresses me.
- She loves to draw, and she and her daddy bond through his frequent drawing lessons.
- She is ALL GIRL - she loves all things pink and fluffy, loves to dress up, loves playing with her doll house, princesses, and ballet stuff.
- She has an adventurous spirit that nicely balances out her girliness. She loves climbing, running, and being outside.
- She is independent, self motivated, and a little on the shy side. I see myself in her in so many ways every day.
We had a Princess Party on Saturday, and she loved every minute of it. I have never been a girly girl myself, and I used to roll my eyes at things like tea parties, dress up clothes, and princess obsession. A few years ago I never would have dreamed that I would be joyfully arranging for a couple of the REAL Disney princesses to make an appearance at our house. I adore my girly girl, and it was such fun to see her eyes light up at the surprise of Sleeping and Beauty and Snow White pulling into our drive way. "So that's their car...." she whispered to herself in amazement as she watched them get out of their beige Volvo. :)
The cousins with the princesses - truly a "magical" experience :)
My Sleeping Beauty with the REAL Sleeping Beauty
Princess cake pops :)
A few family shots:
And, of course, birthday breakfast at Waffle House