Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Happy Report

Well I am filled with joy to share that things are going really well now. I have gradually found new rhythms and routines for our days that are working for us. Madeline is doing SO WELL with Benjamin – so helpful and kind and patient (well, most of the time…). Benjamin is doing awesome! I mean, incredible. He has done a 180 and is so much more secure and content than he was a few weeks ago. And me? Well, I am no longer on the brink of crying all the time and instead I am having a lot of fun! Really!

My threshold for dealing with the craziness has increased so that it doesn’t get to me nearly as much. I am a one-thing-at-a-time type of person and I get overwhelmed too easily. I wish so badly that I could multi-task well. Aren’t all women supposed to be good at that? Well, I’m not. The multi-tasking part of my brain is underdeveloped, and trying to juggle a lot of things at once is extremely stressful for me. But I’m getting used to it and getting better at it. I no longer cry every time I am trying to get the car packed and the kids loaded just to go to the grocery store. :)

Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and encouragement over the past few weeks. You guys are wonderful – I have gotten emails, phone calls, offers to help, and even a card in the mail with a gift certificate for chocolate! So many have encouraged me by sharing scripture and relating your own experiences and struggles. Oh, it has helped so much! Thank you one and all. I had felt reluctant to share my difficulties in such a public way, but I am so glad that I did.

By the way, we went on a road trip to Asheville, NC, last weekend to run an important errand (and had a very fun family weekend in the process). It’s related to a fun and exciting announcement coming up about a way that we are going to be able to help even more adoptive families. We have been praying and dreaming about this for a long time now. I can't wait to share, but I'll just leave you with that teaser for now...

And finally...What kind of blog post would this be without cute pictures of the kids?




5 comments:

Sara said...

What a wonderful update!

rachelknix said...

I'm glad that life has settled down some. Also, I cna't wait to have you all come visit!!

Debb said...

such cute kiddos!

your honesty touches more people than you will likely ever know! so glad to hear that you and your family are finding a routine and things are calming down for you. may God continue to bless each one of you! praise God that Benjamin is feeling more confident too! YAY, GOD!

Kelly said...

So happy to hear that things have settled down a bit for you! Looking forward to hearing of your new fundraising idea--always looking for new ones!! Thanks for sharing!

suzeqblue9 said...

awesome to hear! ck out wally from way fm, he is in ethiopia and has posted great pix and story