Monday, July 26, 2010

Hope

Do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

- Isaiah 41:10

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

- Isaiah 40:11

Don't lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

- II Corinthians 4:16-18

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Sarah, your family is in my prayers as you struggle to adjust. It takes awhile to go from being a 1-child family to a 2-child family, especially if both kids are very young. We (well, I) had a hard time adjusting after David was born, and he was a very easy newborn. It would be much harder to have a demanding older baby suddenly added to the mix.

All of that to say that you're not alone, it's normal to take some time to adjust, and things WILL get better! Really!!

In the meantime, is there anything I can help with? Do you need someone to watch the kids, or bring you food, or go grocery shopping for you, or do your laundry? Just give me a call!!

Out On a Limb said...

Amen, amen, amen. Thanks Sarah!

Gillian said...

Amen, Sweet Sarah! Just a taste of heaven to see you and little Benjamin today--hope we didn't overstuff his little tummy in all our eagerness! :) How I love you!! Love, Gillian

Sara said...

Oh, thank you. I needed to read these Scriptures today.